Some issues with your PC, such as the keyboard not functioning, irregular restarts, and so on may necessitate you to update BIOS. Here are the steps for update BIOS on Windows 10.
Upgrade BIOS on Windows 10
BIOS, which is a contraction of Basic Input and Output System is a program in the form of a software that is housed in an internal memory chip that is located on the motherboard in your PC.
Newer computers are equipped with the replacement BIOS chips referred to as the UEFI (Unified Extensible Firmware Interface) which allow for larger disks and faster boot times when compared with older BIOS chips.
The main purpose of BIOS/UEFI for the computer is to initiate CPU and GPU, Disk Drives as well as other hardware components, and start the OS that comes with the computer.
As with every other software program, BIOS needs to be up-to-date to ensure its compatibility with software and hardware running on computers.
Important Things to Consider Before updating BIOS
You should consider the possibility of updating your BIOS only if it is recommended by the company that makes the device and the issue on your PC is hardware-related.
Check to examine the BIOS version running on your machine and then update the BIOS only when a newer version of BIOS is in the market.
Don’t update BIOS by installing the exact version that is installed on your computer.
Be sure that your PC has a direct source of power (AC adapter) in order to avoid BIOS may be damaged in the event that the computer shuts off when it is running a BIOS update.
It is highly recommended to back up your data before you update your BIOS. Failures to update your BIOS BIOS update can result in losing data.
How to update BIOS on Windows 10
The steps required to update BIOS may not be identical for all Windows computers. They may differ based on the manufacturer of the computer.
But, the fundamental idea is download the newest Version of BIOS on their support website and then install it on your system.
1. Using Chrome or any other browser that supports web browsing Visit the Support Page of the manufacturer of your device.
2. Depending on the manufacturer, you might require entering your Model Number or the Serial Number of your computer.
In our situation it was possible to utilize our Model Number on the manufacturers download page to get the latest BIOS version accessible to download.
3. Once you find the download, click the Download button beside the most current version of BIOS which is compatible with the computer model you have.
NOTE: If there is no update available, don’t download and install the exact Version of BIOS.
4. After the file has been downloaded After the file is downloaded, save it to your desktop. BIOS Update file to desktop.
5. Double-click on the downloaded BIOS executable file on your PC.
Important to note: Verify that the computer has a a direct source of power (AC Power) and remove all connected devices (except the keyboard and mouse) and don’t close your computer during the upgrade process.
6. On the pop-up screen, click”OK” (Or next) to start the process of installing BIOS Update on your PC. The next step is to follow the instructions to finish the process.
When you’ve completed the process and restart your PC Your PC will be updated to the most current version of BIOS.