It’s not unusual to find those using iPhone as well as iPad to use an Windows 10 computer for their computing needs. In this post, you’ll discover the steps needed to setup iCloud and access iCloud Drive on your Windows 10 computer.
Setup iCloud for Windows
Here’s the reason you may be interested in setup iCloud Drive on your Windows 10 PC.
My Photo stream: Any new photos or videos you take with the iOS gadgets will get transferred to your computer. The same way the photos you upload to your My Photo Stream folder on your PC will be available on devices running Apple devices.
ICloud Photo Sharing It lets you share your photos and videos with anyone you want to.
iCloud Drive: Allow you to save your files on the cloud storage of Apple. Simply drag your files in the iCloud Drive folder on your PC, and you can access anytime, from any device.
Setup iCloud Drive on Windows 10
Making a connection and using iCloud on a Windows 10 computer is really simple. Apple offers a version iCloud Drive that is customized to work with Windows computers.
1. Download iCloud for Windows via the following hyperlink (takes the user to Apple.com)
2. Once icloudsetup.exe file is downloaded to your PC Double click on the icloudsetup.exe File to initiate installing process. (See below for an image)
3. You will be asked to restart your computer
4. After your computers restarts, launch iCloud to Windows on your personal computer. It is located under All Apps > Start > iTunes > iCloud.
5. Sign in to iCloud with an Apple ID. You can use exactly the identical Apple ID, Username and Password that you use to sign into the device. Apple device.
6. Choose what you would like to sync with iCloud Drive. The screen will appear showing a list of items which you are able to sync to iCloud. Select the items you wish to connect using the iCloud.
7. Click on Apply.
Create a streamlined way for iCloud Photos to access
While you’ve installed and configured iCloud on your PC however, it’s iCloud Drive folder remains a bit hidden and is not easily accessible from your system. Follow these steps to ensure that iCloud Photos appear within Windows 10 File Explorer.
1. Navigate to iCloud Photos Folder on your personal computer.
A simple way to find this is to search for iCloud Photos in the Windows 10 search bar and select it. It will then suggest an iCloud Photos place.
2. Once you have found iCloud Photos Folder, right click it, and then click Pin for Quick Start from the menu that appears in the background.
Using iCloud Drive
Making use of iCloud Drive, once it is installed and set up on your PC, it’s similar to the saving of files into a folder Drag and drop files the way you do on the Windows computer.
Like we said, any photographs and videos you shoot with an iPhone and iPad are uploaded onto iCloud, and accessible to your personal computer. Also, any images or videos you upload to the iCloud drive using the computer are available via any device, including your iPhone, iPad and iPod.