Gmail Folders can be set up using Filters inside the settings of your Gmail Account to get Emails directly delivered to specific Folders instead of being sent to the inbox or in the Inbox of the Gmail Account. If this sounds intriguing You can read below the steps for getting Emails directly to particular Gmail folders.
Get Emails In Specific Gmail Folders
The default Gmail settings is intended to send all Emails to the Inbox which allows users to see all the mail that is coming in Mail in one place. This can be very useful when you receive only a small or moderate number of Emails within a day.
Some people, however, get hundreds of Emails daily and spend an entire day sifting through Emails in their Inbox.
One way to stay on the top of the status of your Emails is to distinguish important emails from normal ones by creating separate folders to keep track of important Emails.
Following that, you need setting up filters/rules to allow emails that meet specific criteria to be delivered directly to Specific Folders.
For instance, you could create a folder named “Receipts” in your Gmail Account, and then create filters to have all your Skype and other charges directly transferred to the Receipts Folder within Your Gmail Account.
In the same way, you can create additional Filters and Folders to stop important emails from being mixed up with ordinary or routine Emails in your Inbox.
Create New Folders in Gmail
The first step in obtaining Emails sent directly to particular Folders within Gmail is to create new Labels or Folders in your Gmail Account to store emails that meet a specific criteria.
In this scenario, we’ll create a Folder referred to”Receipts” to allow Skype users to send all emails directly into this “Receipts” to send all Emails through Skype directly to this Folder.
1. First, login to your Gmail Account by entering your Gmail ID and Password.
2. Once you are signed in to Gmail then click the More link that is located on the menu on the left side of the bar (See the image below)
3. In the expanded menu, select the Create New Label option.
4. On the next screen, type in the Name for the new label (Folder) and click the button to create.
5. Similarly, you can create different folders to receive a specific types or categories of emails.
Create Filters in Gmail
After creating folders that will receive specific types of emails The next step is to create filters that are designed to redirect specific types of emails to specific folders. In this instance, we’ll create a filter to redirect all Emails sent via Skype to the Receipts Folder.
1. Click on the Gmail Settings icon located at the top-right part of your display. then click on the Settings option from the dropdown menu (See the image below)
2. On the Settings screen select Filters and Blocked Addresses (See the image below).
3. On the next screen, you can click on the Make a new filter (See below for an example)
4. On the New Filter screen, type in the name of the Sender into the “From” field and type your Gmail Email Address within the “To” Field. Then, click Create Filter by clicking on this Search button located in the bottom left corner (See the image below)
5. On the next screen, choose Skip Inbox Select the Label then click Select Label. From the drop-down menu, choose the Folder you would like to utilize for Emails which match this Filter. In this instance, we’ll select the Receipts Folder to put all Emails in Skype.
6. After choosing the Label or Folder, click the “Also apply Filters to Matching Messages” option, and then click on the Create Filter button (See the image above).
After this Filter has been created After it is set up, all Emails that meet the criteria (i.e Emails from Skype to your Gmail Address) will be placed directly into the Receipts Folder which you designed to house all the Emails that came from Skype.
Additionally, you can make additional filters to directly send receipt-based emails that will be sent directly to the Receipts Folder within the Gmail account you have.