If you can’t find Favorites Bookmarking Icon on Internet Explorer, you will follow the steps below to resolve the issue of Favorites not being found on Internet Explorer.
Favorites Icon Missing in Internet Explorer
Like other Modern Web Browsers, Internet Explorer allows you to bookmark any web page or page and allows you to easily browse bookmarked pages through the start form Favorites Icon.
When you click at the Favorites Icon in Internet Explorer brings you to the List of Bookmarks. From there, you can choose and navigate to the bookmarks’ web pages or websites.
Sometimes, the star-shaped Bookmarks as well as the Favorites icon might disappear inside Internet Explorer due to incorrect way to the Favorites Folder and registry errors. Values and many other causes.
You can solve the issue of Favorites missing on Internet Explorer using one of the strategies listed in the following.
1. Check & Correct Favorites Folder Path
It’s possible that Favorites Icon is missing in Internet Explorer due to incorrect way to access the Favorites Folder on your PC.
1. Right click on the Start button, then click onto File Explorer.
2. On the File Explorer screen, type in %userprofile in the search bar and hit on the Enter Key.
3. On the next screen you will be able see the Favorites Folder within the Account Folder. Account Folder.
4. Right-click on Favorites Folder, then click on Properties in the menu that opens.
5. On the properties screen, choose the Location tab, then click on the Restore Default button.
6. Click on Apply and then OK in order to store this settings to your computer.
After having completed the above steps start Internet Explorer and see whether the Favorites icon is now in its normal position.
If you don’t notice the Favorites Icon then restart your Computer and you’ll be able view the Favorites icon again within Internet Explorer.
2. Registry Fix For Favorites Missing in Internet Explorer
Follow the steps below to verify the registry values for the The Favorites Key on your computer and then correct the registry value, in the event that it is required.
NOTE:These are advanced steps ensure that you modify Registry values without knowing what you’re trying to accomplish.
1. Open the Run Command on your computer.
2. In Run Command windows Type Regedit, then click OK.
3. On the Registry Editor screen, navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders.
4. Open Shell Folders in the left-hand pane. In the right-hand pane you should be able view your Favorites key.
Make sure that the Value for Favorites Key is set to C:\Users\Username\Favorites. In case it isn’t, click twice your Favorites Key.
5. On the pop-up, set the Value data field to C:\Users\Username\Favorites and click on OK.
NOTE: The Username in this instance must be the original Username for your Your User Account.
6. Restart your Computer and you will be able to view the Favorites icon in the Internet Explorer browser on your computer.