If you’re trying to enable or disable Cookies on your Mac. Below are the steps needed to enable or disable Cookies in Mac within Safari or Chrome browsers.
Enable or Disable Cookies on Mac
Most sites you browse on the internet utilize tiny data storage files referred to as cookies. Cookies are used to store information about users and store the information within the browser cache.
The general idea is that Cookies were created to gather and store information pertinent to your use of the site, such as your preferences in general information, shopping cart details as well as login and account details, among other details.
When you enable Cookies, it allows the most popular websites to load quicker There is a necessity to block cookies for specific web pages for your Mac.
If a website seems to be dangerous or suspicious You can disable Cookies to safeguard your privacy and personal information on Facebook.
1. Enable or Disable Cookies on Mac Safari Browser
You can disable or enable Cookies in the Mac Safari browser by following the steps below.
1. Open Safari browser on your Mac Click on the Safari tab at the top of the menu bar, and then click the Preferences… within the menu drop down.
2. On the next screen, select the Privacy tab , and then check Always enable option to allow cookies on your Mac.
If you wish, you can stop cookies at any moment using your Mac by choosing the Always Block.
2. Enable or Disable Cookies in Google Chrome Browser on Mac
If you prefer to use Google Chrome browser, you can easily turn ON or turn off Cookies on Mac with the help of the procedure in the following.
1. Open Google Chrome browser on your Mac Select the Chrome tab from the upper menu bar, then select the”Preferences… selection on the menu drop down.
2. On Chrome Settings page, scroll down , and select Advanced. Advanced option.
3. Scroll down and click on the Content settings button found under the Security and Privacy section.
4. Scroll down and click on the Cookies option in the “Content settings” section.
5. On the next screen, switch on the option to Allow websites that save or read cookies data (recommended) to allow cookies to be used on Mac.
In the same way, you can block any website from saving cookies in your Mac by adjusting the “Allow site to save and read cookie data” option to the off position.